JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a honda trifuel gx390 13 hp engine. I have fuel to

Customer Question

i have a honda trifuel gx390 13 hp engine. I have fuel to the carb. it will start up and run till it seems like the fuel bowl runs empty than shuts down.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: probably 15 years old. it never ran on anything but gasoline. never had a problem like this before
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have to there is a huricane coming
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it runs fine till the gas run dry. it has to something in the carb
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.
Sounds like the needle and seat are sticking and not keeping the carb bowl replenished with the proper amount of fuel. I would remove the carb and clean it with carb cleaner. Make sure the needle is opening to allow fuel to pass through and fill bowl.If you remove the bowl, does fuel come out in a steady stream?