Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a generac automatic standby generator...The Irma is…

Customer Question
I have a generac...

I have a generac automatic standby generator...The Irma is coming to my area and I need to know what oil I can buy today because it is at the add mark...I don't know what kind was put in it ..can I use auto oil?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 4 years old.Agenerac model(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to buy oil and add it before the hurricane hits...I am a senior woman..but can add oil if I get it..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the type of oil I can get at Walmart or Home Depot...Thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/7/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Use a standard SAE 30 OIL OR A 10W-30 OIL IN THIS MACHINE

BE SAFE DOWN THERE

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I see question is still opened and unrated. Please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR