Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a troy built 5550 generator model 01919 and its not…

Customer Question
I have a troy...

I have a troy built 5550 generator model 01919 and its not starting All switches are in the correct positions

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Brand new fuel and shut off is open

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Since hurricane is coming in 2 days, i dont think I will find anyone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Anyone in the Boca Raton area that can fix this?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/7/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

s​pray fuel, carb cleaner, or starter fluid in to the carb and see if it will start

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I see question is still opened and unrated. Please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR