Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Need to see how the choke rod hook up, 2 hrs, yes, the choke…

Customer Question
Need to see how...

Need to see how the choke rod hook up

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 hrs

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The choke does not close or open when i connect to carb

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/7/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine make and model? Briggs single cylinder? You have to move the throttle cable, under the clamp, to get throttle to move further to the left. Then it touches the choke paperclip end, and closes the choke flap. See picture below.

I see question is still open.??