Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 7w &S standby generator, it will come on and run

I have a 7w B&S standby generator, it will come on and run 10seconds and then shut down , then do it again the same , I replaced the circuit board ,hoping that would do it, but nope . its a lp gas unit
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 040220 mod ser.1013745447 12 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its something simple , but ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

First, make sure the circuit breakers on the genset are turned on. The way this unit is wired, it will not stay running with the breaker off.

If the breaker is on, you need to open up the control panel to access the control board.

On the control board, locate the 2 single wires labeled E1 and E2.

Connect a voltmeter across them, and start the genset.

How much voltage does it show?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Please call me , on phone **************

Have you taken a voltage reading yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It still isnt staying running, it runs , 10/15seconds shuts down , then does it again , etc. something seems to be telling it to shut down , that the power is on?��
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hank it has run good for ten years , then all if a sudden , won't stay running after it cranking up????

How much voltage is it showing across the E1 and E2 wires for the 10 seconds it will run, with the breakers on?