JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My Briggs Storm 5500 won't stay running. New fuel, new oil,

Customer Question

My Briggs Storm 5500 won't stay running. New fuel, new oil, and cleaned out the bowl as well. Only runs when I spray starting fluid and then atopa
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Clean new fuel and it's open
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about it. Preparing for the hurricane
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How does this work? Do I stand by for assistance?
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal.

Be safe down there.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still opened and unrated. Please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR