JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Cub cadet zero turn has no power to starter... 12 volts at

Customer Question

cub cadet zero turn has no power to starter... 12 volts at battery
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just started
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I was cutting grass, shut it down for phone call, turned key to start and get nothing. tested battery got 12v.. noticed one blown fuse, changed it and still nothing
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: jumped wire to starter and it turns
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Try jumping the solenoid if fuse is good. Follow the reD wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is no voltage at the starter
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I will not pay an additional charge to call... no thank you
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

No phone call is needed. you will need to replace the starter solenoid to repair the issue, as the solenoid is not transferring power from the battery to the starter