Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

My Cub Cadet LT1 lawn tractor digital display doesn't work

My Cub Cadet LT1 lawn...
My Cub Cadet LT1 lawn tractor digital display doesn't work and therefore my pto won't engage. I used to be able to get it work by lifting off the seat while the mower is running and the display would again work and the pto would engage. I can no longer get the display to come on except when I am not sitting on the mower.
9/7/2017
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what you are describing s the seat switch is faulty

and cutting the power out to the display, and the PTO

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time

I purchased a new seat switch and the mower still will not turn on. The display goes blank still when in the seat. What else could it be?

HI

It does not crank over at all ??

Did you check all the fuses ??

The tractor starts and runs great, I just can't get the mower deck PTO to turn on. All fuses are good (I found two).

Thank you for that

you need to check the PTO wire for 12 volts ,key on not running

and PTO switch ON

I don't have power to the switch.

Hi

that power comes from The iGN switch

look what the wire color is on PTO switch then at IGN switch

I'll check that out and let you know

OK, Thank you

Morning

Did you get this issue resolved ??

I didn't have time this weekend. I'm going to work on it tonight

OK

I disconnected the electric clutch PTO connector to measure the voltage at that point and found there to be ~13 volts. When I looked at the dash my hourmeter display was working. I plugged the connector back in and the PTO then began working. I didn't do anything else to the mower and now it works. That was two days ago and it still works. What would cause this to start working again? Is it possible I have a loose ground somewhere? The battery cables are cleand and tight.

HI

Dirty connection, and/or wire loose in the the plug

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
The tractor is only two years old and is always stored inside. The wires and connection were clean secure. I will see what happens in the next week or so. Thanks

Morning

You can always come back at no Fee to ask question

on the same issue

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder