Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm working on a 18 hp Briggs apposing twin. It is not

I'm working on a 18 hp Briggs apposing twin. It is not getting fuel. I have rebuilt the carb and fuel pump. I have suction from the engine to the carb but none from the carb to the tank. What is wrong?

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See figure two in the link below, are the hoses hooked up correctly? I hoses are correct, check the hose back to the tank, it has to be vacuum tight, or fuel pump will not suck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I put fuel in a coffee can, hose from can to carb and it will not suck fuel.

So fuel pump section of carburetor is not working.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is correct and lines are hooked up properly.

Use the link I sent and go thru the fuel pump section and see if you have it together right!

I see question is still open.???

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lisa will be working on it this weekend. I'll be working on the Scotts, it's in another session that I'm going to right now.

OK>

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Sorry for the delay, shit came up!! Work has had me there every day for 2 weeks and I'm pooped!!
Well, here is what I did. I had another engine with the same carb, so I swapped them and the darn thing runs now. Personally, I don't think that she had the carb on tight enough.
Thanks for your help.

!! OK> thanks