Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Got an ariens rider always reliable go to start, just get a…

Customer Question
Got an ariens rider...

Got an ariens rider always reliable go to start, just get a click battery has juice and wiring looks good the ignition switch shows some wear but it was running fine I shut it down to get a cuppa joe, came back and, just click

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yessir but even if the fuel was out, wouldn't it turn over?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

At this point i have no choice - I'm a fair wrench what I need is trouble shooting advice

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything - if this was my 56 chev I'd say aha - the solenoid - I think the solenoid if you still call it that is internal to the starter/gen, right?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/6/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Did our problem occur suddenly?