JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Honda generator engine won't stay running unless I pour gas

Customer Question

honda generator engine won't stay running unless I pour gas in the carb
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 10 years old but very little use. GX270 9.0 HP, model 165911D and serial
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 03982856
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes unless you can recommend someone near me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

S​ounds like the carb jet is clogged and needs to be cleaned internally. I would suggest carb removal and good cleaning. Use a small wire and compressed air through all the jets.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR