Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Thank you! I was just mowing with my cub cadet riding mower,

Customer Question
Thank you! I was...

Thank you! I was just mowing with my cub cadet riding mower, when something "snapped" and the mower stopped moving forward. The engine still ran, the mower blades still turned, but it would not move forward or backward. I checked the belts, ok, I checked the transmission release, it was in. I fear the drive shaft has broken. how do I find out?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Just a moment...

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

LT1045, and yes as a first step, if it's feasible I will try to repair it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oil was also good and up to par. I fully serviced it about 50 hours ago, it has 500-525 hours on it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/6/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Sounds like you have had a drive belt break on you. what is the model of the machine from the sticker under the seat and I will be glad to get the replacement part number you will need to repair this issue.