Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Why does the troy-built 5550 generator have 2 wild fill

Customer Question
Why does the troy-built...

Why does the troy-built 5550 generator have 2 wild fill caps?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bought in 2004 and i will have to get the other info will be back in a moment Troy-built 5550 generator

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just want to change the oil before the hurricane gets here and do not know where the drain plug is or why there are two fill plugs one on each side of the motor

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/6/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 10 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you are referring to the two oil fill caps. It is because sometimes it can be very difficult to gain access to one or the other so they make the engine with two which can be accessed from either side of the engine to make it easier to fill the engine. Depending on the mounting position of the engine one can be blocked by other equipment braces or brackets.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.