Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

My Guardian Quietsource 45kw has the "low oil pressure"

Customer Question

my Guardian Quietsource 45kw has the "low oil pressure" indicator light on, and I cannot reach my servicing company (they are overwhelmed with the upcoming hurricane Irma). What can I do to troubleshoot it in case I lose power this hurricane?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Noticed the light was on yesterday. Not sure how long it has been on, but was OK 2 months ago when I had the battery changed.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't think I have any other option - the company that installed and services it won't answer their calls.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Hurricane not expected for 2-3 more days, so I have a small window to fit this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

There is only 1 thing you can do in this situation, and that is to get a manual pressure gauge, take out the low oil pressure switch, screw the gauge in its place, and start the unit.

If oil pressure is normal, it is just a bad switch.

If oil pressure is low, there is an internal engine problem.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Was this what you wanted to know?