Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Guardian Quietsource 45kw has the "low oil pressure"

Customer Question
My Guardian Quietsource 45kw...

My Guardian Quietsource 45kw has the "low oil pressure" indicator light on, and I cannot reach my servicing company (they are overwhelmed with the upcoming hurricane Irma). What can I do to troubleshoot it in case I lose power this hurricane?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Noticed the light was on yesterday. Not sure how long it has been on, but was OK 2 months ago when I had the battery changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think I have any other option - the company that installed and services it won't answer their calls.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hurricane not expected for 2-3 more days, so I have a small window to fit this.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/6/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

There is only 1 thing you can do in this situation, and that is to get a manual pressure gauge, take out the low oil pressure switch, screw the gauge in its place, and start the unit.

If oil pressure is normal, it is just a bad switch.

If oil pressure is low, there is an internal engine problem.

Was this what you wanted to know?