Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hank living in south FL with Hurricane Irma bearing down! I…

Customer Question
Hi hank living in...

Hi hank living in south FL with Hurricane Irma bearing down! I have a Coleman Pro 11000, with a brand new 12V battery that won't start, not even a cranking sound. Checked everything I could think of, any suggestions. I'm a retired Vet and unfortunately can't lift it and take to a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes have fuel, and I think fuel should be ok. Getting absolutely no sign of turning over

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd pay to have someone come out but we're getting pretty close to a Cat 5 and doubt I could find anyone

Mechanic's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you come out and crank it up. Just kidding.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/6/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Follow the positive battery cable direct to the starter solenoid, and see if jumping the cable terminal to the single switch terminal will let engine spin. This is test of battery, cables, and starter.

Unclear what do I need to do

What is the single switch termimal and what needs to be done

On the solenoid is the terminal from the keyswitch for start. You want to connect the battery cable terminal with this single terminal, use a jumper wire or screw driver to make a momentary connection,

Ok will need to do tomorrow have an emergency to go to

OK>