Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We are changing our Kawasaki engine to a predator engine on…

We are changing our...

We are changing our Kawasaki engine to a predator engine on our riding lawn mower what do we have to do to the wiring when we hook it up and put the cable on the bater it starts automaticaly

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it has something to do with the ignition wireing

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do we need a different wiring system or a remote solenoid to change over to the predator enginge

are you still with me
8/22/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

yo​u need an external starter solenoid for this. use a single pole starter solenoid if there is not one on the new engine

can I get this at the john deere house
will it have instructions on how to hook it up

yes, or any small engine shop. you will wire red wire from the battery to one side of the solenoid and the other side of the solenoid will take a power wire to the starter. grounds by bolting it to the frame of machine. will be a small wire from the ignition to small post of solenoid

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician