Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Brake adjustment on a Kubota G2160 Lawn Tractor, LOL...Since…

Brake adjustment on a...

Brake adjustment on a Kubota G2160 Lawn Tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

LOL...Since it was new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'd like to do it without removing the rear section of the body.

8/21/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See link below, the brake is adjusted by tightening the nuts on the end of the brake rod, to compress the spring more. If brake does not hold, the brake drum has to be removed and the brake pads replaced.

Great. Since day one my Kubota G2160 Diesel Lawn Tractor hasn't had brakes. I know I should of taken it back but time, distance prevented it. Just always just used the reverse or forward pedal to stop but since moving to the country we have many more inclines and I NEED brakes.

did you want the call?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I don't want to take the entire platform off if I can avoid it.
Phone call session started

Thanks!

Thanks Curtis.

Here is brake assembly/