Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I just put the trans belt back on my JD 425 and the left

I just put the trans belt back on my JD 425 and the left side will not work. Want go forward or back?

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Is the right side working?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they both worked before the belt came off
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Text is fine

Thanks for your response. Is your belt tight enough? Is the bypass/roll valve open on the right side?

The phone call is only optional.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Belt is tight I don't know what valve you are referring to

The valve I am referring to, is the valve you open when you need to roll your mower, when your engine is not running.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all I did was pull the handles together and pushed it

Are you the only operator of your mower?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Can you located and double check your bypass valve, just in case is has loosen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you know where it is on the machine?

Lift you seat and you will see your aluminum pump. On both sides of your pump is a bypass valve, for your left side and your right side. There should also be a sticker under your seat pointing to the location.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
give me a sec

Sure! Take your time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found a small black knob on each side. The right side was straight back and the left turned in. I move the left to match the right crank it up and it worked.

Awesome!

I am glad this worked for you.

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that should do it. I do thank you for the help. My last question is the one tome charge is all I will be charged correct. I do not will to begin a monthly service.

Yes, there is only a one time fee per question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.

You are very welcome! I do hope all continues to go well for you.