Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

My 16w generator wants to run when I'm auto every week but

My 16w generator wants to...
My 16w generator wants to run when I'm auto every week but after few seconds shuts down. After 4 attempts. Over crank light comes on but if I hit Manuel it starts right up. Its a guardian Generac 9 years now first trouble. All oil and plugs fresh tried all. Only on auto is problem.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Natural gas I'm not sure if this applies
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it when running a weekly on auto tries then shuts but as soon as I put Manuel no problems
8/20/2017
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Item #(###) ###-####Ser #(###) ###-####Volts 120/240ac
Amps 125/62.5
Watts 15000
1 ph 60hz rpm 3600

OK.

The first thing you need to do is to connect a voltmeter to the genset, and see how much voltage it is producing for the few seconds it will run.

How much voltage do you get?

I had someone come out was checked . He says it's good. Checked pressure coming in good . He's thinking board but I like get second opinion before buying one.

Yes, it is very possible that the board is bad.

Ok thanks I will order one I have the part number . Thank you
No problem.
Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to rate my assistance.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
I'm sorry just clearify that it's possible Push to Manuel starts right up but the board can cause just the auto at once week to over crank right. Thank you
it is possible. Manual start and Auto start use different circuits in the board.
That's answer I'm looking for. Thank you
Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician