Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 1 year old craftsman r1000 rear engine mower. I was…

I have a 1 year...
I have a 1 year old craftsman r1000 rear engine mower. I was mowing and hit a small tree branch around 1/2". Engine died, now I have nothing. Nothing happens when I turn ignition switch. What could be problem?
8/19/2017
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Can you get the model numbers for your mower? These numbers are usually under your seat.

Model###-##-####S/N 1e056b20283

Thanks for this information.

There is a black plastic discharge chute on your mower. There is a safety switch that works with this chute, that will prevent your mower from starting, if your discharge chute gets misaligned, or if you remove your discharge chute.

I feel that the small branch caused your discharge chute is move enough to prevent proper contact with your safety switch.

This is where our problem lies.

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.

That worked. Thanks a lot. You are my hero

Awesome! You are very welcome. I do hope all continues to go well for you.

Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician