Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a 1 year old craftsman r1000 rear engine mower. I was

I have a 1 year old craftsman r1000 rear engine mower. I was mowing and hit a small tree branch around 1/2". Engine died, now I have nothing. Nothing happens when I turn ignition switch. What could be problem?

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Can you get the model numbers for your mower? These numbers are usually under your seat.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model###-##-####S/N 1e056b20283

Thanks for this information.

There is a black plastic discharge chute on your mower. There is a safety switch that works with this chute, that will prevent your mower from starting, if your discharge chute gets misaligned, or if you remove your discharge chute.

I feel that the small branch caused your discharge chute is move enough to prevent proper contact with your safety switch.

This is where our problem lies.

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That worked. Thanks a lot. You are my hero

Awesome! You are very welcome. I do hope all continues to go well for you.