Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Snapper Yard Cruiser. The safety seat switch went

bad. So I snipped the...
I have a Snapper Yard Cruiser. The safety seat switch went bad. So I snipped the wires and thought I could bypass it. Bad move. Long story short, I threw out the switch. I was told by a local dealer that the switch is not sold separately and I would need to replace the entire wiring harness. Is that true ?
8/18/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

what is the model and serial number of this machine please?

HZ18483BVE
Serial # I do not have now, as I am at workScotty
The switch ( seat switch ) is a 4 spade and has 5 wires. 2 red, 2 blue and a lone yellow. I can get it to start and drive but the PTO will not engage. I am assuming the yellow wire is some sort of jump wire thru the switch ?

so do you need the part that has the button on it, or the plug part?

Both

The actual switch is part number:(###) ###-####P

It is very much avail to purchase alone.

connect the 2 red wires together and then connect the 2 blue and the yellow wires together

SEE WIRE DIAGRAM PLEASE

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Jon,
That is the Switch # I was given ( minus the YP ). I did try putting the red / red , blue/blue with the one yellow. I will Google that switch. Thank U very much. U will get Excellent ratings from me.

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK!

JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician