Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a deere f935 front 72 inch mower deck.I need to know…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a john deere f935 front 72 inch mower deck.I need to know how to adjust the height of the deck.I have two manuals neither one shows how to do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Hello is anybody there

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried adjusting linkage the front and back wheels

8/18/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

I own a F925, with side discharge deck, and the adjustment is the front lift arm wheel spindles, by adding or removing spacers, to adjust the drop, The rear is then adjusted by the rear anti-scalp wheels, to match the front. See link below,

you adjust the length of the # 24 spindles on the front. And the # 8, for the rear , to match front.

how do you raise the height
not sure what you mean by "24 and #8

Did you see the /deere link I sent?

I saw the link but how do knoe how many spacers to add or remove to raise the height and what holes to use for the anti skid wheels.right know the two out side blades are scalping lawn.
do you add spacers or take out to raise it

Use a tape and measure the deck height, then use spacers as needed to compensate. Get front lip set, then use the rear rods to match deck height on the front.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician