JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a Murry Turfmaster riding mower Model 309001x08a when

I have a Murry Turfmaster riding mower Model 309001x08a
when i try to go forward or reverse it does a mild attempt to move forward or reverse but no go. its like its stuck in neutral or something?

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it had a serious lack of pwer before it quit moving forward or reverse. It also wouldnt drive without engaging the deck/mower blades to the on/cut position before as well. if it helps when the mower is off and i try to push it into the shed its real hard to move it.

F​irst thing to check is the drive belt as over time it will become stretched and start slowing on inclines as you have stated. Check the belt for wear marks, smooth sides, shiny sides, cracks, ect...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
belt does seem a bit worn but not too bad from what i can see.

Hard to determine too worn via the internet, but if you can see signs of wear, I would say this is the issue being as you stated it started having power issue prior to not moving at all. If it were in my shop, I would replace the belt first

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it hard to replace the drive belt?

ca​n be a little pain if you are not familiar with changing a drive belt. some require removal of engine pulleys.

your machine is what is considered a mid engine rider, so its not too terribly bad.

here is the part number 37X129MA

Here is a link to pic of the belt routing

http://www.partstree.com/parts/murray/mowers-rear-engine-riding-lawn-mower/309001x08a-turfmaster-30-mid-engine-rider-2009-home-depot/motion-drive/

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL