JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Check timing on /s 540cc engine, 5yrs how to check timing,

check timing on b/s 540cc engine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 5yrs how to check timing
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I need to know valve adjustment and timing

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

What is the model of this engine? Normally intake and exhaust sets at 0.005, but may change due to model number.

Timing is set by gapping the coil against the magnet side of the flywheel. use a business card to place between the flywheel and coil with coil loose. let the magnets in flywheel pull coil against the card and retighten the coil down.

Valve Clearance for a 540cc or 21hp engine is 0.004-0.006

Ignition coil gap is 0.010

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL