Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have timberpro 20 inch 62cc chain saw when I tighten the…

I have timberpro 20...

I have timberpro 20 inch 62cc chain saw when I tighten the chain how the instructions say to the chain wont move. There are plastic guids by the adjustment pin that it seems to be getting bound on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ttcs6150 serial number tnta03007-0526

8/17/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Ok

once chain is tightened can you lift the chain so that the drag links come out of the groove about 1/4"?

There are plastic guides by the adjustment screw that seem to be grabbing the chain so I cant move it by hand. The chain moves till I tighten it down all the way then it wont move

is this a new saw?

re​move the guides and see how if moves? normally the plastic guides are removed once in use.

Ill try that.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
That worked thank you