Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Got a sst16 and the steering wheel doesn't recenter

Customer Question
Got a sst16 and...

Got a sst16 and the steering wheel doesn't recenter anymore...

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

6 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did hear a noise that sounded like a spring broke but I can't find where it would be. Thanks
8/7/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Check each wheel, to be sue the linkage has not come off, and check the linkage from the diaphragms to the steering box. See link below.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It moves and turns fine but when you turn and let go of the steering wheel the wheel itself doesn't center.....the mower keeps turning until you turn the wheel back. It used to self center when you let go of the wheel.

See # 17 torsion spring in the link I sent above. Is it in place or is it broken.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?