Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Vince. I have a Troybilt TB320BV leaf blower that died. No…

Customer Question
Hi, Vince. I have...

Hi, Vince. I have a Troybilt TB320BV leaf blower that died. No spark. Ordered a new coil off eBay. Didn't help; figured it was bad, too. Finally got a new coil. Still no spark. Grounded it, and still nothing. New spark plug. Still no spark. I have the flywheel as close to the coil as I can get it without hitting it (used a business card to gap it.) Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the blower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Troybilt TB320BV. About 10 years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Always have. Yes. Got it spread out on the workbench now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I think I explained it pretty well.....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/6/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Did you see the message I sent about the problem I'm having?

Yes. Thanks for your response.

Have you tried removing the small kill wire from your coil, then checking for spark?

This will help you and me to determine if your on/off switch is at fault ...

With your kill wire disconnected, there is nothing to prevent your coil from producing a spark to your spark plug.