Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a YardMan MTD riding lawnmower that needs to have the…

Customer Question
I have a YardMan...

I have a YardMan MTD riding lawnmower that needs to have the clutch adjusted Model 13AT604G755

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I replaced the belts and it won't engage the blades now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That seems to be the only problem

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
8/6/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Blades enggaed with a ever, which pulls spring on the deck. Could you have routed the belt, so the lever does not move the spring? See link below. There is no clutch to adjust as far as the blades are concerned.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The blades rotate till the deck is lowered to touch the grass then stop rotating.

With engine off lower the blades and engage the mower drive , is the belt getting loose? Sounds like something is pushing on the deck, linkage, moving the deck lever, loosing the belt!