Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Deere GX200 power washer. When I started it this…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere GX200 power washer. When I started it this summer, it will not create pressure. Just a low stream of water.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes the engine runs really good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The pressure valve that allows you to adjust the pressure does not change the pressure when rotated.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/6/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The unloader vale is stuck, and not allowing the pressure to build. I find no breakdown of the washer listed Do you have owners manual with parts list?

No I only have a user manual. I could probably find one online.

Look for unloader or spill valve, depending on how it is named, same part. It wil be stuck!

I found a manual and the part listed. That is what I was calling the pressure valve. Can I replace just that part?

Yes, but cleaning it may be all that is required.

Fantastic, just take it apart and clean?

It needs to be free to move.

It rotates freely.

Are you looking at the unloader? It is a valve internally, that has to move up and down, to turn pressure on and off,

Got it. Thanks. I was not looking at the unloader.

OK>

I see question is still open, please rate to close the question and get me credit!