Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My fastrak makes a very loud whining noise when it starts

Customer Question

My hustler fastrak makes a very loud whining noise when it starts up. So I turned it off. What could be the cause of it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Is the noise coming from your engine?

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

You and I need to determine if your starter is remaining engaged after your engine starts up. If so, this can cause the noise you are describing. We can continue from here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it doesn't sound like that. Although I've had to turn the key back a little bit after starting it. I guess the key was hung or something, cause after I turned the key it stopped. My dad says it sounds like a bearing is out or going out.
Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your response. What brand is your engine?