Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My fastrak makes a very loud whining noise when it starts…

Customer Question
My hustler fastrak makes a...
My hustler fastrak makes a very loud whining noise when it starts up. So I turned it off. What could be the cause of it?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/6/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Is the noise coming from your engine?

You and I need to determine if your starter is remaining engaged after your engine starts up. If so, this can cause the noise you are describing. We can continue from here.

No it doesn't sound like that. Although I've had to turn the key back a little bit after starting it. I guess the key was hung or something, cause after I turned the key it stopped. My dad says it sounds like a bearing is out or going out.

Thanks for your response. What brand is your engine?