Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2007 grasshopper 223. The mower was left out in a…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 grasshopper 223. The mower was left out in a rainstorm under a tree without a gas cap. I have tried siphoning out old gas and treating gas to remove water.The fuel filter still plugs up so I think debris is in tank. How do I clean tank? Can the tank be removed for cleaning?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2007 grasshopper 223

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would like to

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/5/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Tank is made to drop out the bottom, after the lower plate is removed. See tractor diagram below.

Can you tell me how to access that lower plate?
Is this a diy projects or a dealer? Can the plate be accessed easily once the blade deck is dropped down?

Yes, plate can be accessed with the deck off. don't know your exertise, but I think it could be a DIY project.

first time working on more than changing a battery! Do you have any tips for taking off deck and replacing it successfully?

Do you have the owners manual?That is your best bet , to see how deck is removed. If not manual can be downloaded from the Grasshopper site.

The owners manual only shows the diagram that you sent me. Gives no discussion on taking off mower deck or removing gas tank.

It may be more than you can handle, Here is link to different sites, see the grasshopper company link.

i had tried googling you tube and didn't find the answers i was looking for. That's why I asked you....

Did you download the one from the Grasshopper company?

The grasshopper Company video was a sales pitch only showing who easy to do basic maintenance like grease job.

I did not down load it. Sorry, If you are uncomfortable about removing deck without instructions, I would not attempt it and removing the fuel tank. Take it to the dealer.