Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How many coils on 407777 0174-e1, I am working on model

Customer Question
How many coils on...

How many coils on 407777 0174-e1

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I am working on model 407777 -0174-E1 replaced carb with new one and cannot get it to idle, gets to low rpm and it surges , have to idle it up to keep it running

Mechanic's Assistant: Welcome! How can I help with your small engine question?

I replaced carb on 407777 and cannot get it to run at idle speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i am retired mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I adjusted valves and timing and replaced fuel pump

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
8/5/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

One coil on each cylinder. Run cylinder test, loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, if engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check for spark, and compression.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?