Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 1993 model onan microlite rv generator that wont…

Customer Question
I have a 1993...

I have a 1993 model onan microlite rv generator that wont run if the ambient outside temperature is over75 degrees. Under that it will start and run fine for about a minute and then quit.Then it wont start at all until the next morning and it goes through the same ritual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Plenty of fuel. it is in my Fleetwood motorhome so no shutoff valve.new fuel filter and a good fuel pump on it.After it warms up and quits it will fire one time when I let off of the start button.There is a new spark plug in it also

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will if it isn't too involved

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It only has 104 hours on it but it sat for nine years. I'm thinking it is an electronic problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/5/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of the genset?