Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do I program my craftsman grarge door opener to work in…

Customer Question
How do I program...

How do I program my craftsman grarge door opener to work in my new car?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two weeks don't know how to do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes or get some one to do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model 3 is 139.53662SRT

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/5/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 11 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make CRAFTSMAN and model 3 139.53662SRT of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the key less or universal

3-) The color of the learn button

4-) do you know where the opener motor (ceiling unit) controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

20year old ,donot know where the learn button is

it most likely is under a lens cover that can be removed or hinges up.............where the rest of the controls are also

20 years .......there is a strong possibility that this will not work with you car's HomeLink or other name brand

what do i do then
can i get a service person to come out and up date my opener?

you have to answer my questions ...I need that info first.....there are no updates............to be honest a garage door opener has a life expectancy of 10 to 12 years ........you would only be putting a band aid on it and then something else will go wrong with it............it may be prudent to look into a new one which start at 150. and then the labor..............the tracks are already there so this is a plus

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie