Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My lawn mower has 22 hp Kohler that want start. It has been

Customer Question

My lawn mower has 22 hp Kohler that want start. It has been ran 6.2 hours. Spark plugs are not firing. I installed new plugs and new coil packs. Still not firing. What could be the problem?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, it if full of fresh gas and is getting fuel.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I didn't want to, but I am having problems with getting Sears to fix it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I know. It was running great. I finished mowing the lawn and perked it. Four days later it don't start. Very puzzling. After waiting for two weeks, the Sear tech came and confirmed the plugs aren't firing. He ordered coil packs. I installed them because I didn't want to wait two more weeks for him to come back out so I installed them myself. I didn't think it was the coil packs in the first place due to the engine has only ran for 6 hours. And why would both coil packs fail at the same time. There must be another issue.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

what did you set the air gap at ??