Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Looking at a honda gxv620, no timing on the crank, I didnt…

Customer Question
Looking at a honda...

Looking at a honda gxv620 , no timing mark on the crank, I didnt take it apart but im being asked to reassemble it,thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about 2 hours

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No , im just helping a friend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The cam shaft is clearly marked and the crank is blank

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
8/5/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Mark should be on the crankshaft gear, and is exactly opposite of the crankshaft keyway. Do you have the thrust washer off, it may be hiding the mark.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed the thrust washer, I cant see the key way on the crankshaft

You can't see the keyway slot? For the front pulley?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you mean it is opposite of the flywheel key way?

YES, opposite the flywheel key ,180 degrees from the key!

I see question is still open.???