Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Looking for directions to assemble a Tecumseh 5 hp vertical

Customer Question

Looking for directions to assemble a Tecumseh 5 hp vertical small engine. When taking lower apart, the gears and valves moved and havent a blow up or anything to go on for assembly?? Yhanks for any hel
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: It is a 2002or 03 Splitter and was knocking, when I picked it up at a loan location, machine was Not level which was one of the directions listed for correct use. On inspection, the rod has a 1/4" scar on alum.rod amd crank looks good/
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: mostly, going to see if it mics out on crank and rod.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
really need Max wear for crank and rod, and assembly for timing procedures. Gary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its a 2005 LEV120
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looks like all the info that I need! I think the timing info and assembly if its too much to deal with, can get a lower end from SmallEngineWarehouse.com for 40.00 bucks! Thank you for the information, did not know this site was going to charge more than the original 5.00 first shown, charged 13.00, but did get the info Pretty Quick!! Thank you and stay cool! Gary