Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We have a truck mount carpet cleaning machine with a Kohler

Customer Question

We have a truck mount carpet cleaning machine with a Kohler command pro motor ...air cooled fuel injected. Brand new motor cleaned one small carpet yesterday and motor shutoff. Turned back on and it started clacking so turned it off. First motor purchased in may and it seized due to rod issue. Kohler warrantied first motor. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

How many hours approx. would you say that the first engine had on it? Did Kohler warranty it without questions or a fight to get them to take care of it?

My first thought is that it may not be getting enough clean air to keep it cool. The inside of the engine would tell me a lot more about what is actually happening. Since Kohler warrantied the first one and this one has limited hours on it then I would get them involved with it again. There are a lot of concerns that I can answer online since I can't fiscally see the inside of the engine to determine what might have happened. The first thing that I would want to do is tear the engine apart and see what it looks like inside. As a Kohler dealer I can tell you that the engine or inside of the engine will tell its own story.