Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2 yr old generac ix1600. Used maybe 5 times/ light…

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a 2 yr old generac ix1600. Used maybe 5 times/ light loads. It seems the overload light comes on after I start the gen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Runs great just no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im an electrician?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/3/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

If the Over Load light comes on with nothing connected to the genset, it means that the inverter has gone bad, and will need to be replaced.