Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Intermittent power loss on my 2002 Club Car. A couple

Customer Question
Intermittent power loss on...

Intermittent power loss on my 2002 Club Car.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple months

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When the cart is not running, there is 0 voltage to the solenoid.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/3/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Solenoid should always have battery pack voltage! is cable good from battery pack to the solenoid? What does each battery show for voltage?

There is 49 volts going in to solenoid when the cart is not acting up, and running normal I tested that by checking voltage on the small terminals when the cart was working. When the cart suddenly stops working, there are zero volts entering the solenoid but when I check the batteries when the cart is not working, from the first battery to the last in he circuit, it shows 50 volts. So I'm thinking the problem must be between the batteries and the solenoid. Maybe the rocker switch has loose wires or maybe something else, what do you think?
Never mind. Lets just stick to online

You have power to the large terminals on the solenoid, just not the energizing circuit , to the small terminals? Power to solenoid comes from the foot switch and the controller. I would be checking or replacing the MCOR. motor control output regulator (foot Switch)

When the cart is working the small terminals read 50 volts and when the cart is not working the small terminals read 0. What does the MCOR do and how do I check to see if it is the MCOR that is not working? I have a mulimeter.