Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have replaced fuse in back seat.After engaging pto switch

Customer Question

I have replaced fuse in back seat.After engaging pto switch shut motor down.Now motor starts but pto will not engage.Is there a way to check relay fuses in back of seat?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: motor starts but pto will not engage.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have 5 relays in back of seat,which one is for pto.And what are the others for?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make and model of mower?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
60 elite series ZT27hp

Bad Boy! The five relays are not identified, all are the same. Mark each one and it's location, and then swap one for another, to see if relay will make blades turn on. The wire harness is ok at the engine end, to the clutch?