Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How can i obtain an exploded drawing of a Scotts lawn

Customer Question

how can i obtain an exploded drawing of a Scotts lawn tractor made by John Deer model number s1642.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Parts are listed under the Deere site, what exploded drawing would help?

Here is link to Deere parts, type in Scotts for model, and it will bring up the s1642

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well, there are several things im trying to locate. like a fuse and all the safety switches so I can trouble shoot not even turning over. and see if I can figure out how to get the solenoid switch out.

Battery is under the seat, and fuse and solenoid will be there too.

Positive battery cable will go direct to the solenoid and the fuse comes off the small wire, that is connected there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you very much for the links im looking there now and i will go look again for the fuse . its really wierd. i put a new battery in it and it ran fine. next day batt. is dead but would jump off but now .....nothing when i turn the keep i mean nothing .
thanks for your help

Fuse is likley blown!