Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Occasionally my transmission will drop out. I have to get…

Customer Question
Occasionally my transmission will...

Occasionally my transmission will drop out. I have to get off the tractor and push it to get it reengaged. Otherwise the transmission functions properly.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

I don't see that addressed in the manual that came with the mower. I have not changed it in many years.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your transmissions?

15.538

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I could get some schematic information on how to service the transmission, I feel that I could change the lubricant.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/3/2017
Technician: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** is the year make and model of the tractor you are working on?

I have the Sabre Lawn Tractor 15.538 1646 operators manual published in Nov. 1997 I believe that it was purchased about the time, as I purchased it second hand.
Occasionally, my transmission drops out while I am driving. I then have to get off the tractor and push it forward to get it to reengage. Then it will go as normal until it occurs again.
Apparently I am not going to get an answer from you in a timely fashion, so please cancel my request and cancel the charge to my credit card. I am not very happy with all the added charges being requested to provide an answer to my question.

Hi, Experts are not employees of the site and I was logged out working with customers and had a late lunch. I responded at 11:00 with my question, you responded at 2:27 and expected an immediate response less than 10 minutes later?

We can post and follow up as needed on here. You also did not post your tractor information and put your question in the car category instead of small engines unfortunately. Did you want some help with this or do you want to close it out?