Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need to know how to get the wheels off my CS4265. The

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to get the wheels off my CS4265. The tires are flat, one has rolled off the rim.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The "guys" tried who knows how long to pry the ring off the shaft with a weed popper (garden tool) before they gave up and called me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought this unit second hand without manuals one of which I downloaded. but does not show how to change tires or change the angle of the shoot from the storage position.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Nope, please tell me how to do that too and where us the dip stick to check the oil?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/2/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

should just be a locking cap nut over the shaft

there is a flat goggy looking thing. how do I get it off? Where do I get 2 more because the weed popper bent them?
How do I move the shoot from the storage position to the use position. I don't mind typing. that way I have a record.
Use a pair of pliers to pry it off. Any hardware store or small engine shop should have replacements. Take old ones with you as they do have several sizes
Thanks, ***** ***** supposed to break and be replaced? What about the shoot position?

should be a lever that locks/unlocks it into place.