Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How to pull engine off a bad boy mower. 4800pup bridge

Customer Question
How to pull engine...

How to pull engine off a bad boy mower

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

4800pup bridge Stratton bad boy

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to get pulleys off the shaft

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/2/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

There is only one bolt that you will need to remove, in order to remove your pto clutch, and your drive belt pulley.

Disconnect your wiring connector from your pto clutch, before remove the bolt. If you have an impact wrench, use it to remove your bolt.

Remove the cable from your starter. Disconnect your fuel hose from your carburetor, and disconnect your main wiring connector. Also, remove your throttle/ choke cable from your carburetor. There is only (4) four bolt that secures your engine to your frame. Remove the bolts, then lift your engine off your frame.

You may have to remove your muffler, prior to removing your engine. You and I can continue from here.