Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Snapper riding mower. It has a diesel engine. the…

Customer Question
I have a Snapper...

I have a Snapper riding mower. It has a diesel engine. the radiator cap does not seal off and I loose fluid. I have changed the cap and the dealer says it is suppose to be loose.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Don't know the model but it is about 10/12 years old. all systems with a radiator has a sealed cap this one does not seal at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think the problem is with the neck of the radiator. the cap does not seal off to prevent the fluid from evaporating

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The deck has a five foot cut. I will get the model # later today

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
8/2/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Cap has to seal, dealer is full of BS. Caps are available with different depths to the seating area, just measure depth in radiator connection , and take cap to auto supply to find one that will seal. Needs to be at least 7 lbs. 14 is ok. What is the Model number of the mower?