Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Snapper riding mower. It has a diesel engine. the

Customer Question

I have a Snapper riding mower. It has a diesel engine. the radiator cap does not seal off and I loose fluid. I have changed the cap and the dealer says it is suppose to be loose.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Don't know the model but it is about 10/12 years old. all systems with a radiator has a sealed cap this one does not seal at all
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I think the problem is with the neck of the radiator. the cap does not seal off to prevent the fluid from evaporating
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the deck has a five foot cut. I will get the model # later today
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Cap has to seal, dealer is full of BS. Caps are available with different depths to the seating area, just measure depth in radiator connection , and take cap to auto supply to find one that will seal. Needs to be at least 7 lbs. 14 is ok. What is the Model number of the mower?