Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My DR brush cutter with Tecumseh OHV125 labored for a split…

Customer Question
My DR brush cutter...

My DR brush cutter with Tecumseh OHV125 labored for a split sec then blew a hugh cloud of white smoke. I shut it off, looked it over and started it up and cut for another 10 min. I put it in the barn and noticed oil on the tires and deck. Head gasket?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Valve open. Fuel clean.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how involved it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/1/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Sounds like you have blown a head gasket.