JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a 975 series that that is hard to start then the

Customer Question

i have a 975 series that that is hard to start then the engine speeds up and slows down several times then quits
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes to all
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had to take the gas tank loose to replace a starting rope
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Sounds like you have a clogged carburetor jet remove carburetor and clean with carb cleaner and compressed air if you have it.
Make sure to clean all openings of the carburetor make sure to clean the center exceptionally well as this is the main jet for the fuel. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best in your rating helps me to achieve this