Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

What causes the 9hp motor to choke off and then refuse to…

Customer Question
What causes the 9hp...

What causes the 9hp motor to choke off and then refuse to start until the next day. i emptied the gass tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and yes . the snapper is about 9years old and has worked great all that time i put new gas and carb treatment in. thats all i've done so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've set the blade as high as it will go. it seems as though the grass is choking it down. the problem is it won't start for some time may be until the next day when it takes only one or two pulls

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/1/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

When it quits, check for spark at the plug. By removing the spark plug and grounding it to the metal of the engine. If no spark, your coil is failing and needs to be replaced.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician