Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My eater starts and idles just fine, but when you try to…

Customer Question
My weed eater starts...

My weed eater starts and idles just fine, but when you try to accelerate the engine , it dies,

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to all. I had been using it for an hour or so when it started doing this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No It's a Ryobi 4 cycle weed eater probably 15 yrs old. Haven't had any problems with till today,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
8/1/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

have the fuel lines been replaced? Have you tried to adjust the high speed screw with it running?