Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My eater starts and idles just fine, but when you try to

Customer Question

My weed eater starts and idles just fine, but when you try to accelerate the engine , it dies,
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes to all. I had been using it for an hour or so when it started doing this.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No It's a Ryobi 4 cycle weed eater probably 15 yrs old. Haven't had any problems with till today,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

have the fuel lines been replaced? Have you tried to adjust the high speed screw with it running?